The world of visas can be pretty tough to negotiate. There’s so much to remember – not to mention that the paperwork can take an age to get through. Unfortunately, the entire process can be confusing and complicated. These are just a few of the reasons we provide a complete and fully tailored service to you to help you arrange your visa from beginning right through to completion.
There’s so much for you to arrange when you’re planning to move to a new country. That’s why our service is perfect for taking some of the weight off your shoulders. We provide full support and assistance throughout your entire visa journey, beginning with a thorough consultation. We’ll even have one of our Professional Registered Migration Agents check any applications you make yourself just to ensure all the details are fine so that there’s no delay in processing.
So, whether you wish us to help you throughout every step of your Visa 189 application, you want to do everything yourself or you wish to purchase a DIY kit, read on to find out more about applying for a Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189 and the average processing time.
Who is the Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189 For?
If you’re a skilled worker and your occupation is on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL), you can apply for a 189 visa. You don’t need to be sponsored by a family member or employer or be nominated by a Territory or State Government. Additionally, you can either be in or outside of Australia when you apply as well as when your visa is granted. The Subclass 189 Visa is points based and once an Expression of Interest has been lodged, it’s only open to applicants on being invited by the Department.
What About Eligibility?
To qualify for this specific visa, you need to show that you meet these minimum requirements:
- You have lodged an EOI (Expression of Interest) and consequently have received an invitation from the Department to apply.
- You have obtained (within the last three years) a suitable skills assessment based on the following:
- International Qualifications
- English language proficiency
- Regional Australian study
- Previous overseas and Australian skilled work experience
- Australian study awards and requirements
- Spouse skill qualification
- Credentialed community language qualifications
- Professional year in Australia
- Meet certain character and health requirements
- Have a score of at least 65 in the skilled migration points test
- You need to be younger than 45 when you apply for this specific visa
- If you do not have an Irish, USA, Canadian, NZ or UK passport, you must be competent in English. What this means is that you will need to have a score of at least 6 in all parts of the IELTS or a score that’s equivalent in an accepted English examination.
- You have nominated that your profession is on the relevant skilled occupation list.
- Finally, you need to have lodged your 189 visa application within 60 days of your official invite to apply.
It may seem that there are so many aspects to remember when you’re lodging your visa 189 application. Just bear in mind that our team is on hand to provide help, advice and support with all aspects of visa applications should you need this. It’s an unfortunate fact of life that just making one little mistake with your application can cause significant delays and even refusal to provide a visa. So, to be safe and to get the ball rolling and keep it going, just get in touch for help.
Visa 189 Checklist
Acting without delay is so important when you’re invited to lodge an application. You have 60 calendar days to apply. Next, the Department of Immigration will begin to process your application. Giving you an exact global processing time for applications is impossible. However, on average, around three quarters of applications are processed in eight months. Whatever you do though, you need to ensure you get your application in as soon as possible because times vary due to everything being looked at on a case-by-case basis and well as on applicant’s circumstances.
Of course, it’s completely understandable that there are various circumstances under which the processing period of some visa applications may be affected. For example, the Government may need to conduct certain checks or to ask you for some more information.
While these circumstances are unfortunately avoidable, there are some ways you can help hurry along the processing time, including:
- Lodging a full and complete application along with all necessary supporting documents.
- Ensuring you quickly respond to all additional information requests from the Department.
To ensure your 189 visa application goes without a hitch, our team will work with you to ensure everything is submitted on time as well as correctly. We have a strong global reputation for providing visa strategy, preparation, checking and lodging services that work. Our Registered Migration Agents carefully review your visa application before lodging, so you avoid making expensive and critical mistakes. Together, we’ll make sure you get on the right track to embarking on your Australian journey.
Costs and Fees
You can expect your visa to cost from $4,045 (Aug 2020). Do remember that this figure is just the flat rate. Bearing this in mid, you could have to pay out some additional costs for certain requirements like biometrics, health assessments and police certificates. Also, should you wish to add family members into your application, it will entail an extra fee.
If you would like to discuss your specific situation and requirements, our friendly Registered Migration Agents look forward to speaking with you. We will work with you to make applying for your visa 189 straightforward. To date, we have helped thousands of people from all over the world and from all walks of life to secure an Australian visa so they can begin their Australian journey. We look forward to being of service to you!