Employer Nomination Scheme Visa 186
186 Visa Australia (ENS)
Visa Subclass 187 Regional Sponsored Migration (RSMS). This Visa is appropriate for the skilled workers who have a company in Australia willing to sponsor them.
Employer Nomination Scheme Visa Australia
The subclass 186 Visa, otherwise known as Employer Nomination Scheme or ENS is appropriate for the skilled workers residing in countries other than Australia or who are the temporary skilled residents of Australia.
This Visa constitutes three streams which are mentioned below:
- The Temporary Residence Transition stream is for subclass 457 Visa holders who have worked for two years and their employer wants to offer them a permanent position
- The Direct Entry stream is for people who have never, or temporarily, worked in the Australian labor market
- The Agreement stream is for people sponsored by an employer through a labor or regional migration agreement.
If you are nominated to apply for this Visa, you must lodge your application online within six months from the date the nomination was approved.
Please make sure that your Visa application is lodged soon after your employer nomination is processed. You also need to select the correct stream. In case of failure to do so may lead to an invalid Visa application.
When you apply, you must select one of the Visa’s three streams mentioned below:
- choose the Temporary Residence Transition stream if you are a subclass 457 Visa holder. This implies that you who have worked for your employer for two years in the nominated occupation and your employer wants to offer you a permanent position in that occupation. Please note you must have a nomination application lodged under Temporary Residence Transition stream to be eligible for this option.
- choose the Direct Entry stream if you have never, or for a short period, worked in the Australian labor market. Even if you have not held a subclass 457 Visa for the last two years with your nominating employer, or if you are applying directly from a country other than Australia you need to choose this stream. If you have a nomination lodged with the department before 01 July 2012, you must lodge the Visa application under this stream.
- choose the Agreement stream if you are being sponsored by an employer through a tailored and negotiated labor agreement or regional migration agreement.