Temporary Skill Shortage Visa 482
482 Visa Australia (TSS)
The Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (TSS Visa) otherwise known as Subclass 482 Visa is the replacement of the 457 Temporary Skilled Visa. The Australian government announced in April 2017 that this Visa program will officially replace the 457 in March 2018. TSS Visa operates in two streams, namely the Short-Term and Medium-Term stream.
Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Australia
- The short-term TSS Visa is valid for two years.
- It can be renewed only once for a further 2 years.
- This stream is made for Australian businesses/employers to fill temporary (or short-term, hence the name) skill gaps.
- It has no pathway to Australian permanent residency- however it may assist in getting the experience for a direct entry Visa or points for a points tested Visa.
- The Short-term Skill Occupation List (STSOL) will be assessed every six months and occupations may be added or removed from the list as a result.
- STSOL is previously known as Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL).